Heavenly Hash (New Orleans Style)
The words "heavenly hash" mean only one thing in New Orleans: a chocolate-and-marshmallow candy, studded with almonds, sold in big chunks in the old department stores. (And still, in a more mainstream form, by the local Elmer's Candy Company.) There's really not much to making your own. Just be careful melting the chocolate.
- 24 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 cup whole pecans, almonds, walnuts, or all three
- 1 overflowing cup miniature marshmallows
1. Melt the chocolate in a microwave oven at 60 percent power in one-minute bursts, stirring it and nuking it and stirring it again a minute at a time until it melts completely and becomes smooth and pourable.
2. Pour about half of the chocolate into a pan or baking dish lined with waxed paper at the bottom. Sprinkle the marshmallows and nuts over the chocolate. Cover it all with the rest of the chocolate.
3. Let it cool and harden. To serve, just break into pieces.
|< Prev||Next >|