The New Orleans Menu Daily follows the food seasons microscopically, looking into the past to see what happened in the world of food and drink. We remember people and events, note milestones, and intersperse it all with odd bits of information that seem to fit. All this is from the perspective of a New Orleans eater, but the entire food universe is covered. Here are some of the daily features:
- Chef d'Oeuvre du Jour. One of the 500 best restaurant dishes in New Orleans.
- Today's Flavor. A dish, ingredient, or style celebrated today.
- Edible Dictionary. The culinary word of the day.
- Gourmet Gazetteer. A place somewhere in America with a food name.
- Eating Through History. What happened on this date that may have influenced the way we eat today.
- The Old Kitchen Sage Sez. Advice--sometimes useful, sometimes a little nutty--from a guy who's been cooking maybe a little too long.
- Deft Dining Rules. Strategies to follow to get the best food and service from restaurants.
- Food Namesakes. The birthdays of well-known People whose names make you hungry.
- And other stuff beyond category.
Check the Food Almanac to get your day off to an appetizing start. Today's edition is in the column at right.